It’s an honor for your blog to be nominated for an award by other bloggers. The first time I was nominated was for my personal blog, Lifetime Of Forgiveness. Please click here to learn more about this award if it is new for you. And for purposes of this post, I am writing this as Debbie.
We don’t want to stifle the award and we do want to play it forward. The Liebster Award is to honor new bloggers or bloggers with less than 200 followers. We started this blog in 2011, but never really noticed how many followers we had – we were blogging for ourselves, family, and close friends. We had maybe 20 followers – and as of today, 195. We’re almost ineligible for this honor! We are pleased this blog has morphed into something strangers are now interested in. So in that regard, we do want to pay it forward!
So we owe thanks and appreciation to two other newer bloggers: Lacie of See You Starside, who also likes to hike, and Jasmin, a young mom of LittleNuggetBigNugget. Lacie found us on our post about becoming minimalists. And we connected in several other areas. Here’s a little bit about her from her blog: “My name is Lacie and I’m a quarter-lifer from Georgia. I’m an introvert who uses my blog as a way to get some social interaction without having to see the face to face judgment of those around me.
“I love nature and hiking, and thanks to my parents, I have quite the sense of wanderlust. I devour books like no one’s business. I can cook a mean chocolate pie, sew a quilt for a new baby, fix most basic car problems, and listen to your issues like your teddy bear.
“In short, I am a complex person and I have, much like my blog, quite the list of interests. I believe that everyone has a story to tell and they are all important. This is my story. Sometimes it’s funny, sometimes it’s sad, but it is mine, and it is true.” I’ve enjoyed many of her posts and we are in essence, classmates in Blogging University. So it has been fun watching her grow in her blogging capabilities. I love her honesty!
Jasmin and I connected over our love of babies! But we have several other connections. This is a bit on her “About page” which shows some other areas we’ve connected: “I am 27 years old living a less-than-perfect life In Southern California, trying not only to make my life beautiful, but also see the beauty in it all. I’m a pessimist living in an optimist’s body. Sounds odd, doesn’t it? Well, this is what happens when you spent your high school years in therapy because you were depressed, on meds, and suicidal. Really, just feeling lost and out of place. If you stick around, you’ll see I’ve come a long way, but you’ll also see there are random moments of anxiety and depressive thoughts, and that’s just the aftermath of my teenage years….”
For me, these awards are all about encouraging one another, encouraging one another and sharing each other’s talents with others. I tried to make sure they have not be nominated for the Liebster Award, but I may have missed it. No matter, it is worth your while to take a look at their blogs. So without further ado, we’d like to nominate these bloggers:
- Starting the Climb: I’m really drawn to young bloggers who are searching for meaning and purpose. This a one such person, who wants to help others! Why not check her out and give her a follow!
- Sweet Aroma: We are like-minded and her blog is full of the sweetness and goodness of our Lord’s creation!
- The Lord is with us: Another like-minded blogger whose heart searches for the same things as mine! I look forward to her refreshing posts!
- The Truth Lover: Oh, there might be a theme here, another like-minded blogger with a similar passion! This very diversified and focused blogger has something for everyone interested in seeking the truth about life!
- A Backpacker’s Diary: This young man is an amazing photographer and observer of life. His insights are challenging and his views refreshing.
- RA for Beginners: This is an educational and encouraging blog by a young lady learning how to navigate life with her rheumatoid arthritis (or as she says, one swollen joint at a time). Her beautiful blog is worth a stop by and follow!
- Reverent Devotion: Another young like-minded blogger. I look forward to her posts for my daily
- Words From One Heart: Another young lady with a similar focus, from France so English is not her primary language. I admire these bloggers who can write in another language.
- On RVing Time: Sharon is an accomplished writer, but this is a new blog site. Of course, we share the love of RVing, so she has much to share that interests us!
- Voyager of Freedom: This is an irresistible blog, so best to just quote from About: “They tell me it’s important to never forget who you are or where you come from, the rest is all irrelevant. For that reason I have done a lot of soul-searching and began on the quest to discover who I am spiritually, while never forgetting what I have already learned. I don’t know where life will take me, or how I will make the journey, but no one will ever take away where the journey began. That’s why I love to write; I write about everything: emotions, society, the things that I’ve experienced or felt but can’t explain., love, life, friends, politics or even oneself or others. My goal as a writer is to be perceived as the Artist that can write the unspoken words of your soul.”
If you chose to accept this award, please click here for the rules. Or you can modify them a bit as I am going to do. I like it when bloggers just share random facts about themselves! So please give us at least 10 random facts about yourself, your blog, or something that is not necessarily on your About page or blog site!
God never said that the journey would be easy, but He did say that the arrival would be worthwhile.” Max Lucado